Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Mystery Begins





This blog is about a dinghy I am about to reconstruct. I would love help from the readers as I go along. First mystery is finding out what kind of boat I have. If these sails are original that is my first clue. Sails made by Holt. The boat is plywood and has a built-in floor with two scuppers on the transom. There are also buoyancy tanks built into the sides, which also serve to hold up the side decks. The hull sides have facets like a Wayfarer. The hull is 15'1" long and about 65" wide. The paint is peeling badly and I cannot tell the original colours.

2 comments:

Snowbrush said...

You go, Gerry. Good luck with your boat way up there in chilly and wet (but beautiful) BC.

snowbrush

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerry,
what you have there is one of the few remaining class of dinghy called a Lazy E. this was the sucessor to the enterprise. If fact some call it a stretched enterprise as the design is the same.

I too own one (221) and am restoring it. Would love to compare notes and Photos if you are interested. I can also send you photos of 189 a restored boat that I have sailed in if it helps?

regards
Steve
spreyer@hotmail.com