Friday, August 8, 2008

Mystery solved!



Thanks to the wonderful help of Paul, Steve and Colin, the dinghy has regained her heritage! The boat was designed by Holt to improve upon the Enterprise. It is known as the "National E" or the "Lazy E" The boat I have is the Mark II, the racing version with the flat floor and draining scuppers. More information is here, at the site of the Australian National Assoc. http://www.nationale.org.au/Class_History.html
The boat has been taken off the borrowed trailer and is resting on a couple of saw horses. I can only stand and look at it seeing all the work that needs to be done, but also dreaming of what it could look like if I do the work needed. I shall attach a couple of pictures at the top of this entry to show how rough this one is. One of the pictures will be inside the floor cavity. I see the underside of the floor's ceiling has not been painted and I suspect some of the joints are breaking down. It seems like a lot of work to take out the side buoyancy tanks and then take out the floor too.
As always, suggestions are welcome.

No comments: