Thursday, October 23, 2008

Upright Again






In the past week, I finally turned the dinghy back to its upright position. That was done with a few slings from the rafters. I'd forgotten how big the boat was! It didn't take long to fill the gaps between the plywood decking and the old rub-rails. Sanding, priming and final colour is being painted now. I went to an upholstery shop and had some seat belt webbing made into the hiking straps. They should be ready tomorrow and installed when the paint is dry on the thwart. I thought the old post holding up the mast looked rather skimpy, so I took it out and made a new pedestal and post. I had earlier cut the tenon off the bottom of the mast as it was rotting away too. Now the mast has a much stronger socket to nest into. The pictures at the top show how she is coming together.

No comments: